Sunday 13 February 2011

The joys of family...

Well, with work, previous illness and just day to day stuff I haven't been able to get into the sewing room as much as I'd like to, and when I have been in there dolls and teddies have had to take a back seat. My younger brother, who has a daughter of 15, and his partner are expecting a baby on March 23rd. Finances are tight and he was very pleased with himself when he bought a moses basket at the market cheaply. He took it home feeling happy and his partner said (before she saw it) it's not pink or frilly is it? They're expecting a boy and so he hadn't bought anything pink - but it was very very frilly!! When I went to visit 3 weeks ago, he said to me could I help him out with this situation and maybe change the covers. I said yes I was sure I could do something - although I had never done anything quite like this before! His partner gave me some material ( a cot set that she hadn't used with her first little boy) and off I went having promised confidently it would be no problem. Actually it turned out to be exactly that - no problem. I'm very pleased with the outcome... I'll let you decide for yourself if that confidence is valid - the photo below is of the final product, and it was white and lacy/frilly...




My older sister who works in a charity shop in Manchester now she's retired, told me, on seeing the picture above, that they have a number of moses baskets in the shop which have no covers of bedding with them. They can't sell them because of this.....  Hmmm - I can see a potential gap in the market here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment