Wednesday 1 December 2010

Winter...

It's cold, very cold but as yet we've been lucky to not have any snow. I say lucky but in some ways I envy those who, like my brother is surrounded by 6 ft snow drifts and at least 18 ins of snow everywhere. Altho I don't envy him having to park a mile away from home and walk back to his country cottage!! We saw a few flakes of snow and that's been all so far. The cold however does make you want to curl up in the warm. My sewing room isn't the warmest room in the house so it needs a heater on for at least 20 mins before I can venture in there. Mind you it is small so once it's warm it tends to stay warm. I spent yesterday evening sorting through my ever increasing stack of fabrics and had a thoroughly enjoyable and creative juice making evening. Must have been good as I woke up in the middle of the night dreaming about my latest creation!! Maybe I need to get out more, although I do work full time and have two very manic spaniels so it's not like I never get out!!!

Speaking of the spaniels the latest little incident we've had to deal with is that Rocks, the youngster has discovered how to get onto the dining room table. He's obviously gone up market as he started by sleeping on the coffee table. Anyway the problem with all this table climbing is that it means he has an extended reach to things that he shouldn't be getting hold off such as the TV freeview box buttons, now in tiny little pieces. Husband currently surfing the net for a replacement...

Enough musings, the sewing room calls... And we can't watch tv so I might as well use the time usefully...

1 comment: