Sunday 21 November 2010

More fabric and more fun....

I've started work on my next doll. I bought some cream material with cream spots quite a long time ago and it was calling out to be used. I now have a stack of pieces of material on my worktable which all go together. Cream legs, greeny gold silk remnant pieces, a small piece of variegated orange soft material that just flows, and some green ribbon and pink roses. Not sure about the pink and orange yet - will have to see how it develops. I'm having to be self taught about doll making but it is so addictive!! The other thing that's addictive is finding material that will "come in handy at some point". Charity shops, ebay, material shop sales, upholstery fabric remnants - amazing what you can find for minimal costs. And a lot of the stuff I use is being recycled which is also good for the environment. I'm still trying to find the best stuffing as Miranda's arms haven't stuffed smoothly. More practice will help but any suggestions about the best stuffing to use would be great. Must be available in the UK though.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are really having fun with your dolls. Yes the membership is open for our dollclub. Please contact Judith Stainer whose email is in the blog for any queries you may have.
    Hope you will join us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Katie Jane, as Shashi says drop me an email and I will send you all the details.
    We would love to meet you.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete