Saturday 14 December 2013

I said never...

Today I did something I  had vowed and declared I would never do! I had made a big thing about not doing it, it was a waste of money because you lost too much, it wasn't what "people like me" did, it was so against what I believed in. What did I do you ask?

Well today I bought a new car, yep that's right a brand new car. It had a whole 13 delivery miles on the clock when I picked it up this afternoon. And I also discovered you can pay for a new car with a bank debit card! I have never ever spent this amount in one hit before, and nor am I likely to do it ever again! My new car is thanks to my Mum and Dad as it was their money that paid for it, and the reason I bought a new one is because it made financial sense! 

But, stuff the financial sense, I really like my new car!It's a Dacia Logan MCV and looks like this......


And getting the new car also took me down memory lane to when my Mum and Dad got their first ever car. I don't remember how old I was, but I'm thinking not very. It was my Dad's works car and was a mini traveller and I even remember the number plate EVL 465E. It looked like this one below (courtesy Google..)


I remember going to the seaside, Mablethorpe, in it and it was quite an adventure at the time...

What was the first car you remember?

Until next time

KJ xx 

4 comments:

  1. Wow get you! It looks great. Is it big? It looks like a 4x4 and I need one of those as I live in the sticks. I remember my mums Austin A 35 and my dad had a Ford Capri in Nevada Beige. I think that says a lot and he is a bit of a Del Boy. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby had a Ford Capri when we first got together many long years ago! The new car's not a huge estate, but a reasonable size, and not a 4 by 4 sadly. And does around 60 to the gallon too so I'm very happy and hoping to save some money with it too. KJ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of all the fabric you can get in the back of that !!!
    J. x

    ReplyDelete