Monday 23 December 2013

The weather outside is frightful....

I've been laying in bed listening to the howling wind and the rain lashing against the window and decided that I wasn't going to sleep so got up for a cup of tea, and very nice it is too. Anyway I've been sitting here drinking my tea, letting my mind drift a bit, trying to let it solve a couple of conundrums that are going round in my head. That doesn't seem to be working, so I'll let my subconscious mind continue that process but in the meantime I started to think about how I wanted things to be so I have come up with a kind of draft framework to work to so I thought I'd share this with you..

Things to think about every day (or as often as I can manage!) to try to fit in to every day, week or month

1.  Love is..... for us and our relationship

2.  Make sure there's time ...... for friends and family

3.  To make a house a home .... the stuff that keeps the home running

4.  To nourish the soul .... creativity, freedom, fun, music and laughter

5.  Fit, healthy and happy .... look after our fitness, wellbeing and health

6.  Save the planet.... reduce, reuse, recycle and grow our own

7.  Pay it forward .... help others whenever we can

8.  Manage the money .... pay off debts, save, afford to do, be frugal(ish), earn differently

9.  Stretch the boundaries .... learn new stuff, extend our comfort zone, travel


I've just read these again and right now it feels like a big ask to manage all of this, but I haven't put any timescales on this, such as expecting to do all of these every day. I just wanted to put down in writing the general direction of travel, as they say in all good management speak presentations!! I keep thinking I've missed one as the logical half of my brain says there should be 10 things in a list, but the maverick side of my brain says 9's a good number, so 9 it is!


So here's to a 2014 where all 9 things on the list get equal importance....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment