Sunday 13 January 2013

Spaniels and knitting wool!!

As some of you will be aware from previous posts we share our house with two wonderful black and white springer spaniels called Rocks and Diesel. Diesel hasn't lived with us for that long in the scheme of things and, probably because he had a rough start in life, he is now going through puppyhood! For that read when we go out we expect to come back to chaos! 

What I have discovered is that Diesel loves knitting and spaniels and knitting don't mix! I've been doing some knitting and 3 times now I have come home to this devastation! And worst of all I have replaced the knitting needles three times!



 It's taking me a very long time to finish this project. I have, so far, knitted 8 gloves but only 4  are actually still in one piece. When we came home today, having only been out half an hour, to say I was cross would be a major understatement. When we went out the knitting was inside a bag which was knotted at the top, on a bookshelf behind a table and still he managed to get it out and trash it!!

I just keep telling myself he'll grow out of it. I sure hope so!

Tomorrow I thought I'd look back to the quilt show at the NEC in Birmingham and just post a few pictures of my most favourite quilts, and later in the week pictures of the two latest projects on the sewing table...

No comments:

Post a Comment