Thursday 3 January 2013

UFO's...

Yesterday I talked about finished projects. Today I'm going to list and review my UFO's. I believe that all crafters, whatever their craft speciality is, have UFO's - that's UnFinished Objects to anyone who doesn't know. I guess we collect UFO's for lots of different reasons. In my case it's mostly because I have so many ideas going round in my head that I want to do, and also I guess the other reason to a degree is that I lack confidence in doing things as well as I want to, and so I stop short of finishing things in case they "aren't good enough". Not sure what that says about me, but I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day!

Anyway back to my UFO list.. I actually went up into my tiny sewing room and consciously went through all my stuff to see just how many unfinished projects I had. I was amazed and to a degree embarrassed too. So I thought if I listed them honestly on her it might give me the push to finally complete at least some of them. I have also promised myself that I won't start anything new until I've completed two unfinished projects. In theory this means that I will gradually unclutter a very cluttered workbench!

So here goes....

An African textile doll (started summer 2011!)
A feisty old lady doll (started winter 2011)
There are two other doll heads - nothing specific in mind
Willowy stump doll
Gold 50's wiggle dress
Textile art seaside picture with a difference
Three different miniature teddy bears
Felt Christmas decorations (winter 2011 - not even this christmas just gone!!)
Steampunk groom to go with the goth bride
Steampunk cuffs
White on white embroidery of a unicorn
Applique horses to an old shirt
4 or 5 cross stitch pictures
A knitted jumper
3 pairs of knitted fingerless gloves ( they all need the thumb finishing!)
Pony - complete with saddle, bridle, rug, feed bucket
Rider doll - to go with above pony
Two everlasting advent calendars (were supposed to be completed for Dec 2012 for my nephews)
Flamingo - present for a friend
Blinds for kitchen and garage windows
Handbag and matching Tote to use for work

I'm sure if I rummaged around more I could find more, but that list will do for now...
And a photo of the workspace to give you some idea of what it looks like right now!!


So as you can see there's not a lot of actual working space right now, but over the next few weeks that's going to change... And I'll post photo's of the UFO's both when I start them and when I finish them. This weekend's aim is to complete the pony, although I only have Sunday as I'm going to the V&A on Saturday to see the both the "Ballgowns" exhibition and the "Hollywood costumes" exhibition so I may be being optimistic about getting the pony completed but I'm ever the optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment