Wednesday 2 January 2013

Things I made in 2012!

Well I thought as a starting point for the new year I would look back at the things I managed to complete making last year, so here is a list (and pictures of some!)

I made dog coats (towelling inners, fleecey outers) for when we've been out walking and they're cold, wet and muddy (or sandy if on the beach) and they work really well, although the hoods don't stay up very well - mostly because they use the hoods to grab hold of each other to play!!


I made dolls....

 Meet Miserable Maud! I had fun making her when I was away on holiday in the summer!
 And then I brought her home to over see the gardening! She's away on holiday now trekking through the jungles of Madagascar (have you seen the children's film? She's the lady with the handbag!!), before coming back here to take over as Prime Minister.













 This is my Goth bride - she's a secretive one. So secretive she hasn't even told me her name. She has a spider and web over her bouquet, and she's waiting for her groom to arrive. She was fun to make and get to know. She doesn't like too much "fuss" when it comes to her outfits - but loves to show off her hair!

And just for fun I also made a rabbit....

Why you ask, well just because I could really! He's only 2" tall sitting down (not including his ears) and normally he sits and watches me sewing. I love his slightly scruffy look and his names Seaside. Don't ask me why it just is!





 What else have I done?

I've made a set of sofa covers for my sister, shortened 6 pairs of trousers for my brother, made a bag for a friend, knitted gloves (sadly the spaniels got to them before they were finished - and then they were well and truly finished!!), made a window cleaners belt pouch, embroidered 6 pillowcases for Santa and started a whole load of other projects which will be the subject of tomorrows blog - my UFO's!

No comments:

Post a Comment